Where To Start With A Mediation Lawyer?
The role of a mediation lawyer is to resolve issues of a civil nature which could be related to a divorce or a business deal that has gone wrong. The general idea of mediation is to resolve the issue on hand amicably and equitably. The process of mediation is to attempt to settle the dispute before it has to go to court, which will save all parties a lot of time and money.
Mediation is a way of resolving disputes of a number of issues such as, commercial, diplomatic, work related, community and many more. Legal mediation has a structure, timelines and varying dynamics that normal mediation lacks and participation is voluntary. Your lawyer acts a neutral third party and facilitates rather than directs the process. A mediation lawyer will attempt to improve dialogue between the disputing parties and aim to reach an agreement.
The benefits of utilizing the services of a mediation lawyer are:
- Confidentiality – court hearings are in the public domain whereas mediation is private and no one but the parties in the dispute and their lawyer will have any of the information on hand or discussed. The only exception would relate to child abuse information and threatened criminal acts.
- Control – the process of mediation increases the control the parties have over a resolution. They will decide the final outcome and not a judge who hands down a ruling based on his decision which may not necessarily be in agreement with the desired outcome of the parties in dispute. Mediation is more likely to produce a result that is equitable to the parties.
- Mutuality – Jackson-Dowell PLLC, Attorneys at Law will work towards a mutual resolution. This will benefit the parties in preserving the relationship the parties had before the dispute
- Support – Your lawyer will act a neutral facilitator to guide the disputing parties through the process and show them a broader range of possible solutions to end the dispute.
Small businesses owners will benefit from using a lawyer to act as the mediator in conflicts to ensure that the situation is resolved amicably and that there is no left over hostility as it could affect the businesses in the dispute as they are more likely to run into each other in day to day business. A mediation lawyer will assist them to reach an amicable and equitable solution to the dispute without destroying any business relations they may have at a later date, they have the expertise and experience in dealing with all mediation issues expertly and professionally.
A mediation lawyer will offer another way to resolve conflict, one that can help you and the other parties come to a genuine understanding and reach a resolution that addresses both of your needs and interests. Because you and the other party make the agreement together, you are both more likely to keep it. The vast majority of mediations result in a settlement. If your mediation is successful, you’ll leave with a signed agreement or, at the very least, a signed memorandum setting out what you and the other party have agreed to.
Dan R. JacksonCivil/Criminal Litigation
Dan Jackson has more than 30 years of experience in criminal, automobile, products liability, and medical malpractice litigation.
(270) 298-7748View Bio
Steven R. DowellCriminal / Personal Injury
Steven R. Dowell is a veteran trial lawyer serving Kentucky, Indiana, and Ohio residents since 1989.
(270) 683-3909View Bio
Travis J. JohnsonCriminal / Domestic / Civil
Travis J. Johnson is a graduate of the Salmon P. Chase College of Law at Northern Kentucky University.
(270) 683-3909 - (270) 298-7748View Bio